I always went to my Nanny's for Christmas and Thanksgiving but I can't this year.

My Nanny passed away in Feb. of this year and getting closer to the holidays its getting harder because it makes me miss her more...I don't know what i'm going to do this year or from now own my family don't know either because thats where everyone went I might just go to my daddy's house or my aunts house but its hard. My question is have any of you ever been threw this and what did you do?

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 12:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Holidays

• I have been when I lost my Grandfather, and it was hard because we always went over there. So I would suggest you don't give up on all meeting for the Holidays. It has not been the same for a long time in my family, and I know that's because my Grandpa is gone. It has been 11 years now. I still wish thing's were like when he was here, but they are not the same :( Now everyone kinda does their own thing & it is sad. My Grandma is still here, and we should still do what we have always done...so sorry about your loss.
    YeahHer

Answer by YeahHer at 12:16 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• That's so hard, I'm sorry. What if you start your own tradition this year and Have Christmas at home? Maybe invite some people from your community who don't have anyone to spend the holidays with?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:26 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Doing it this year too. I am actually working Christmas Eve. I also go to friend's sometime during this time and we have a small gathering. Sending you hugs, it is a hard time here.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 8:02 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• First, I am so sorry. I am not exactly in the same boat, but sorta. I moved out of state, and just have my in-law's to share the holiday's with. My dad passed away a yr ago, and I can't call him on Christmas. It is hard the first couple of years, it never gets easy, it just gets easier with time. If that makes any sense. I would say the best thing to do is occupy your time as much as you can, just to avoid dwelling on what you can't change. My heart goes out to you.
    This too shall pass.
    MaggieNSamsMom

Answer by MaggieNSamsMom at 12:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2010