Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got stung by a bee today and I don't know what type it was but i'm alergic to a sertin type and my are is kinda swolen.

Its hot also and its welped p aroundthe sting spot and it itches sooooo bad what should I do?

Answer Question

Asked by jessesmama22 at 12:12 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Health

Level 18 (5,311 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • go to the dr would be a start.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

  • How long ago? You're probably fine. How do you know you're allergic? What kind of reaction have you had in the past? This sounds just like a normal reaction. Best thing for it is activated charcoal, but if you don't have that, mix baking soda and lemon juice and put it on like a poultice. It will draw the poison out. GL!

    Answer by Adelicious at 12:20 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

  • P.S. If you were having an anaphylactic reaction, you would experience increased heart rate, drop in blood pressure, possibly light-headedness, sweating.... if you're not having that, I wouldn't worry.

    Answer by Adelicious at 12:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

  • Sounds like you are having a normal reaction at this point.

    Answer by Melbornj at 2:13 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

  • If you are concerned, then I would def. check with your Dr. Better safe then sorry when it comes to these sorts of things.

    Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.