thinkin about haven another baby

my daughter is 14 months my husband wants to have our kids close together but i am a lil worried. any advice

mommy033

Asked by mommy033 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• its your body wait for at least 2 years thats what i did ;o)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Well, you can try now. You might not just get preggo right away. With my first two I did and when I tried for a third it took about 6 months. Not to mention, by the time pregnancy is over, you kids will be well over 2 years or just 2 years a part anyways. So I think it's a good time to start! If you don't want to though, then wait...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:45 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• You "should" give 2 years (minimum) between pregnancies, that's just how long it takes for your body to heal. That would put your kids at about 3 years apart, still close, but not Irish twins. There can be some serious health problems associated with having babies back to back, before your body is ready. Ultimately if you want to wait you should wait, if you don't then you should try. You could try now, and chances are you wouldn't conceive right away. Another rule of thumb to abide by (to make it easier for you) is once baby is sleeping through the night, and potty trained start on another baby. It relives some of the pressure on you.

smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 11:07 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Well I had a c section with my son; I asked the doctor a general question: If I want another baby, or if I want my tubes tied after thinking about it, or heck, if I wanted a tummy tuck; how long should I wait?

He told me 6 months before any of them. so there is your answer! I am not sure why another poster is saying your chances of conceiving are lower... that makes absolutely no sense, as it is just as easy to conceive at 2 months as it is 2 years from your last pregnancy...

If you are worried or concerned, just let him know, sit and talk about it, and find out what is best for the both of you; so that way you can enjoy your family together, knowing you two made the right decision :) GL!

P.S. My husband and I wanted ours close together as well, and decided to start trying after our lil guy was a year, got pregnant 3 weeks after he turned a year old!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 11:26 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I wanted mine close together. So between my first two pregnancies, I only had one period. I found out later that my dh wanted to wait. This time we are waiting a little bit longer. I would say that my body didn't really ever bounce back after baby #1. I say that it depends on how healthy you are. I was healthier with my 2nd pregnancy than with my 1st and I'm definitely working out more now than I did after my first. Also, do you have your house in order? Do you really feel like you can relax and breath all the time? Do what is best for you. You can still have your children close together without them being 1-2 years apart.
    CNLueck

Answer by CNLueck at 11:41 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I didn't say it WOULD be harder, I said it could be! A lot of women have a hard time in later pregnancies. Just because some got preggo right away before doesn't mean it will always happen that way again..... I know.
    As for the 2 year thing... i dont think thats true. I've had 2 c-sections already and they were 14 months apart. This one will be also 14 months and the doc said I'm doing fine!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2008