Getting rid of puppy

Me and DH decided it's time to get rid of the new puppy. He is driving us all crazy, it's not working out. The family member who gave him to us had to give him up cuz he moved to an apartment, well he is back home so he can have him back so I asked him if he wants him back and am waiting on the reply.

I feel kinda bad though. My son loves him (he is only 2 though). And I feel bad cuz well, I consider our dogs my fur babies. But I just can't take dealiong with him anymore and he isn't getting along with our other dog. How do you get past feeling guilty and letting them go?

Mipsy

Asked by Mipsy at 12:20 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Pets

• Just remind yourself it's not a human. The dog isn't going to experience the kind of rejection a human would. He's going to move on and be as happy as ever, your son will get over it. The only one who's going to feel bad is you. So give yourself a break, mama, you're doing the right thing for everyone. :)
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:37 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It is hard. We had a cat for a week and found out that my DH was allergic to them so we had to bring ours back to the pet store. We felt kinda bad, he was cute and the kids liked him. But after just a couple days we were better and our 2 y/o didn't even know to be mad. Especially if the pup is driving you crazy, it shouldn't be AS tough. Give it a few days and don't feel too bad. You want to have as much of a stress-free home as possible.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 12:25 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• it's okay to know when you are unable to take care of an animal. Are there some no-kill shelters in your area?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:56 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• If you can't find a home for him, post a pic of him on Craigslist and charge an adoption fee for him so no tom dick or harry can just come get him,get sick of him and dump him off. Let them know what this pup needs, interview people, be selective so this puppy doesn't bounce from home to home. The more homes the move frome the more likely he will end up eithanized at the shelter. Seen this too many times.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:05 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Well he is gone. He went to a friend of mine. I know she will take good care fo him. He took to her right away. I miss him though, kinda, LOL!
    Mipsy

Comment by Mipsy (original poster) at 4:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• It will be fine bring him to the pound
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 12:22 AM on Nov. 7, 2010