Digital scrapbooking: do you print them out??

I dabbled in old-fashioned scrapbooking before, but it was just too time-consuming. I'm thinking about the possibilities of digital scrapbooking, but I'm wondering - do you actually print them out?? Or do you just keep them as a digital book? If you print out, where and how (especially if you have 12x12 layouts)??

phoofy

Asked by phoofy at 12:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I just started doing that. My plan is to actually import the files into a photobook program (like iphoto or one like it) and then order the book.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:36 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I've mostly kept custom ones as a digital book, those I have ordered a few through Shutterfly - using their templates. Also did one through Creative Memories a few years ago.
    07Mommy10

Answer by 07Mommy10 at 12:55 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I tried it out once and just couldn't make sense of the program. Besides which I enjoy the use of my hands and finding pretty things... okay, and any excuse to buy stickers. Stickers are like crack for me or something I am always looking at them always buying them and just plain a sticker hound. BUT in my defense they are organized by type in an accordian folder..
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 3:25 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I mostly scrap 8x8 so I can print them out on my home computer.  I've also had them printed and bound in book form (I had a free sample from Shutterfly through CM).  You can also have them printed online and shipped to you and Costco will print 12x12 but to print that big they are usually like $3-$5 a print.  Printing 8x8 no matter which method you use is cheaper and they look just as nice.  Also easier to hold in your lap.  My kids LOVE to look at their scrapbooks (the ones I've printed from home and the books I've had done).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I LOVE digital scrapbooking! So much easier than traditional, especially when you have small children! There are also so many other reasons why I love it - less expensive, don't have to buy/store all the supplies, books take up less room, I can go on a scrapbooking retreat with just my laptop (I could go on and on!). To me it just makes more sense! Plus I have access to just as many art embellishments and papers as I would find at Michael's or Archiver's, right at my fingertips! If you want to learn more please visit my website www.yourheritagestory.com. I will also give you (or anyone who sees this post) a coupon code to use to make a FREE swatch book! Just contact me and let me know you are interested, and I'll get you started. ;)
    StacyK73

Answer by StacyK73 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2010