Meeting the SO's daughter..

So..my SO recently told me that he'd like me to meet his 2 year old daughter... I'm really nervous... what if she hates me? Have any of you been through this? Do you have any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Be yourself, she is 2 she will not hate you.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 12:31 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I could understand your worry if she was a teenager but she is only a toddler so you'll be fine.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• She'll be shy maybe, but I wouldnt stress it too much. If your acting all uncomfy she'll pick up on it. ANd i wouldnt be all over him because she'll know obviously your not mommy and that might get weird for her!? Just sayin...good luck..have fun.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• She's still young enough to bond with you too. She'll know you aren't mommy, but you ARE an important person in her daddy's life. I really wouldn't worry about her hating you. You could try playing with her with her favorite toys or watch a movie she likes with her. Become her friend.
    MBargie

Answer by MBargie at 9:13 PM on Nov. 6, 2010