Would you complain about this?

I walked to the grocery store today with my baby son and got me a sandwich and him a banana while we were there. It was a long walk home and it was lunch time, and I wanted to sit and eat before continuing. By the entrance are two picnic tables, and there are always employees smoking there, but there wasn't anywhere else to sit. So I decided to do it (yuck!). So these two women were smoking and eating their lunch. One was on the phone and was mad about a family situation. Someone else came to talk to her, and she started telling her about it and using vulgar language and raising her voice. My son and I don't need to be around that, and it was totally unprofessional and offensive.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• They are representing the company they work for. That type of language is not acceptable behavior at any workplace, and especially when the public is in earshot. Forget all this about their right to use whatever language they want. They are working. It's inappropriate.n Use different language until you're in your car, at home, wherever...just not at your place of employment.
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 10:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Theyre still at work, on "break" or not. I would be offended.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:47 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i would tell the manger bout them
    yankeegirl87

Answer by yankeegirl87 at 12:50 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• If they are in a uniform I would say something to the manager.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 12:52 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I would someone should, because that is rude. it seems like good manners are optional these days. They could have had a little class and realized hey I have a nice weekendam at work and I should conduct myself i the correct manner and also be considerate of others especially a mother with children. so I don't think I would be brave enough to complain but if it got really bad right in front of me I might confront the person, and say something. we need to treat others the way we want to be treated.

beeluvin

Answer by beeluvin at 12:57 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Wow I would have stepped up and said something especially to the management that is def unprofessional and rude.
    heartsicksiren

Answer by heartsicksiren at 1:08 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I would complain because they were still at work. Doesn't matter what kind of work you do, you should still be professional and considerate - especially around customers (even if it is outside).
    07Mommy10

Answer by 07Mommy10 at 1:09 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Yeah I know what you mean, people these days just don't care that there are children present. I kept my daughter very sheltered around that type of cussing and language too. It's just inescapable unfortunately. They should review there policy, and go in back specifically for employees to maintain a professional atmosphere. There's a time and place for everything, and they should have been more discrete. Have a blessed day!
    tinanichols

Answer by tinanichols at 1:12 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i would complain. it is still store property and if there aren't any signs that say those tables are for employees only then customers have the right to sit there and it should be a smoke free area.
    sleepymamaof3

Answer by sleepymamaof3 at 10:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I would be offended that they would use that type of language when a child was present, but not enough to complain to management or anything like that. I would have said something to her/them though.
    Jwick

Answer by Jwick at 12:50 AM on Nov. 5, 2010