my son is 3 weeks old, i wanted to know, what are the bumps on his face and body?

Mrs.Stancil

Asked by Mrs.Stancil at 12:51 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they could be pimples babys get get pimples at that age
    yankeegirl87

Answer by yankeegirl87 at 12:52 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I agree, most likely just baby acne. It's super common and should clear up in a couple more weeks.
    stargazer5585

Answer by stargazer5585 at 12:53 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• my son had acne for like 2 months and every once in awhile he still dose and hes 15 months
    yankeegirl87

Answer by yankeegirl87 at 12:55 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Well 40% of babies get newborn acne between 2 wks and 6 mos. You will know if it is Acne.. Now if it is just little white bumps, that don't really look like pimples, they are called milk bumps. They are harmless, and will go away on their own. Not to worry. I hope this helped :)
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 1:01 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• ok my daughter did the same thing and it was a milk allergy!!! other symptoms were very stinky gas like almost smelled rotten, fussiness all day and nite!!! if this is going on too bring him to ur dr my daughter started this at the same age
    Tiffany_Rivera_

Answer by Tiffany_Rivera_ at 1:05 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Just like everyone else said its baby ance. Pimples are known to show up between 2 weeks and 2 months of age. This baby acne can last until the child is 4 to 6 months old. Its actually cause by the hormones mothers milk or from thw womb. Once you stop breast feeding or around 6 month, it should clear up. :) Hope that helps. My daughter only last a few weeks. Best of luck.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:05 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• thanks everyone, the answers was very helpful
    Mrs.Stancil

Comment by Mrs.Stancil (original poster) at 2:56 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• "baby acne" They are normal for that age of baby, and are not really acne. Just wash the baby's face and add mild baby lotion. It will go away on it's own.
    CRANKYMOM689

Answer by CRANKYMOM689 at 9:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2010