does anyone know how i can get my ex hubby off my auto loan without re financing?

I have really low payments on my car but because it is used a refi would up my payments is there another way of getting his name off the loan?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't know about these things, but I would assume it's easier to get someone's name OFF a loan than ON a loan. My DH had a co-signer for his school loans, and when he was finished with school, they started harassing her for payments. DH just called and asked them to remove her name, just like that.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I don't think that there is. It is worth trying to call and figure out. I think that he would have to agree to his name being taken off.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:45 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• No, he signed on the loan so he is equally responsible. You can't remove him of his responsibility. It's a legal document.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:01 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I have a car loan aswell, I cannot remove him until the Loan is pay, however he has no power on the car, when we got divorce the car was granted to me, that way I made sure he never came and just take the car..lol However when trying to let the bank know that he wouldnt be financially responsible for the loan, they told me he had to, unless I apply for the loan myself and there is a chance I could have been denied singles rarely have same luck as married ones when it comes to bank loans..=)
    Rwive

Answer by Rwive at 2:59 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I would imagine it wouldn't be possible it's his loan also.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 7:18 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Shoot him ;)
    BabiesMe

Answer by BabiesMe at 10:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• hha babiesme!
    Mrs.Bryant1201

Answer by Mrs.Bryant1201 at 11:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2010