Does it go back to normal?? (TMI) adult content

I didnt know where to post this so shot in the dark..

During labor with my second child I had lost so much blood that the doctor found it in my best interest not to do an episiotomy and didnt want me to tear so they stretched my "opening".. It's been 7 weeks and I'm good to go for sex but I'm freaked out over what its gonna feel like..

So my question is after having it stretched during labor, will it go back to somewhat normal??

Jordi_Girl

Asked by Jordi_Girl at 1:57 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• You were made to stretch, and that just shows that they never needed to do an episiotomy. Many docs don't do them at all anymore. They are certainly not "normal" or "healthy" and are quite controversial among promoters of natural childbirth.

So, yes, it was normal for you to stretch and no, it will never be like it was again. It WILL shrink back down and you WILL be able to enjoy sex again. It just wont ever be quite as small as it was before.

Enjoy!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 2:04 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Yes it goes back, at least that was my experience. Things were better afterwords for us. Not really any different between stretching for the head and being stretched to accommodate the head.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:04 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• yes it will but it will never be the same.....lol the second time around my hubby asked the doc to do an extra stitch...lol doc said dont worry its good lol
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 2:04 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I didnt expect it to be the same but I just need reassurance it wasnt going to be comparable to the blackhole or grand canyon, lol..
    Jordi_Girl

Comment by Jordi_Girl (original poster) at 2:12 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• yes it did for me
    mom2eas

Answer by mom2eas at 2:16 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Oh definitely goes back. Actually for me my DH says I am tighter lol dont know how that happened but okay that is kewl with me. but yes dont worry about that.
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 2:25 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• You can do Kegel Excercises if you feel like you need to tighten up your just basically squeezing your pelvic floor muscles and holding a few seconds do it as much as you like.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:25 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Mine went back!!! Although I got stitches so it was painful for awhile...just take it slow and enjoy each other!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:00 AM on Nov. 5, 2010