Are any of you considered "single moms"? i am, haven't talked to my babys dad for over 3 months, and i think its better off that way, but feel bad that my baby might not have his father...any thoughts?

The dad is sort of bipolor bout me pregnant...and hes dating a 24 year old with two kids and supports and takes care of her kids and wont even acknowledge his own.

babymamajacobs

Asked by babymamajacobs at 2:04 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Ugh, sorry about your situation! Sad your baby doesn't have his/her dad, but there's always a chance you will find a great guy someday who will be a REAL father to your child. Your child is better off without the drama of knowing a dad who doesn't care.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 2:06 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• All I have to say is you could dwell on that but in the end as was in my case there are many times where they are better off with just one parent than two. My Mom had more parenting skills in her pinky nail than my Dad did. Not that they can't be developed but at no part of his life would a child have fit in and been well cared for.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:06 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Sometimes it can be more damaging than good to half a father in the picture if he dont care, is hardly ever there, or puts that child around a bad enviroment. trust me when I say that you would be saving yourself a million worries if you just let it be. If hes not a father now than yeah he may come around but he will never love or care for the child the way you do. He wont protect and sacrifice for that child. Move on w your life be the best parent you can be. If you find a man who becomes a father to your child than no loss if not your child will one day know that you loved him/her enough for 2 parents.
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 2:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2010