Ds has a loose tooth...

He's nearly 6 years old and this is his first loose tooth. It's in the front on the bottom row. He wiggles it some with his tounge and its been loose over 2 weeks. He also babies the tooth and refuses to eat a lot of things now like apples, chips, pickles, sandwiches...anything he thinks will cause the tooth to move. My question is-is this safe for the tooth to stay loose this long? Can't it get infected or worse? It bleeds sometimes, especially when he brushes.

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 2:06 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• my son did that and his was ok, he just let it fall out on its on. He's done that with all of them and never got an infection, some would bleed slightly when brushung
    mom2eas

Answer by mom2eas at 2:12 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Mine had loose teeth for a couple of months or more. It will come out eventually - and no it didn't get infected.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I think it comes out eventually. I wouldnt push him to make it fall out ya know? Could scare him into losing his teeth.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:11 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Make a fun thing out of it: tie a string to it and hook the other on to a remote control car and let him drive the car- It's not only fast, fun, but my son loved it -(That was COOL mom)!
    Irontontiger

Answer by Irontontiger at 4:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• yes it can get infected it need to come out
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 11:32 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• If it starts turning blueish or black, then just hold him down and pull it out. Otherwise, it's fine.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:01 PM on Nov. 6, 2010