How often do you poop?

I always get told I don't poop enough... some times I go days with out pooping... like three days, and then there are days like today when I poop three times. Why could this be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Health

• I go between 3 and 5 times a day usually... Technically you should be going once for every meal you eat, that's a sign your digestive system is working properly, but things like lack of water or a poor diet can affect frequency...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:45 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It varies because I have stomach problems. Some days that's all I do and then sometimes I can go awhile. I think normal procedure is if you go more than three days try some prune juice.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:06 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I go 2-3 times a day. Sometimes more if i have been eating too much fiber.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:37 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• yeah....you don't poop enough. 3 days without pooping is dangerous, your body will start to absorb the poisons & toxins in the poop that is sitting in your intestines which can kill your immunity & make you very sick. I would really consider either eating way more fiber, or taking a fiber supplement.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:39 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Do you drink coffee? It might help.
    I go a couple of times a day, and I know the coffee/caffeine has something to do with it because I took a break from it recently and suddenly I was going only once every other day.
    SotilSol

Answer by SotilSol at 12:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• usually 1 time a day
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2010