Thanksgiving ideas to make it different or unforgettable..?

WhitneyMommyOf2

Asked by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 3:06 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Holidays

• I look for activites that the kids can do to keep them busy also along with different foods. One year we made turkeys out of school milk cartons, last year I had bought a Christmas ginger bread house and I had the grandkids help me put that together. You can check out Family Fun for things also http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/wreath-for-all-seasons-940433/?CMP=NLC-NL_FFUN_Crafts_110410_wreath-for-all-seasons

http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/turkey-luminarias-783823/?CMP=NLC-NL_FFUN_Crafts_110410_turkey-luminarias

Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Try Introducing some brand new recipes I'm doing 2 new recipes and 1 I made up on my own that tastes GREAT!
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:12 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I was going to say......leave the giblets inside your turkey........that would make it unforgettable! LOL

I agree with 405Mom......something that you've not tried before nor has your family. You never know.. it just might be a hit with everyone and the start of a family tradition type recipe!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 4:24 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• here is the site I use for everything, look through the recipes and pick something that you have never made before, or never thought to make!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Holidays-and-Events/Thanksgiving/Main.aspx

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:54 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• OH one recipe I learned to make in my Italian cooking class is Vin Brule. its a hot wine
    Get a sweet red wine, like a Lambrusco. Put the whole bottle in a pot, or slow cooker, add a whole sliced orange, a whole sliced lemon, a whole sliced apple, 2 cinnamon sticks, 4 cloves and simmer, Serve warm, its so yummy!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:57 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• We are of Polish decent, so we incorporate Polish traditions in our holiday meals. Try that.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:01 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I love www.allrecipes.com it is AWESOME!! If you want to make Thanksgiving unforgettable, do something new and exciting. Incorporate different things into your dinner you have never done before, push the limits, try recipes you have never heard of!!
    MaggieNSamsMom

Answer by MaggieNSamsMom at 12:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I don't know if your up for trying really different things, but try looking into turduckin. Our family loves it and it has become tradition now.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 1:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2010