For those who had natural delivery, what were your reasons?

Why did you opt for natural? Did you have support? Would you do it again? What things did you do to prepare? What did you tell people when they said you are crazy??? I know everything doesn't go as planned and I am open for changes. But I do plan on having a natural delivery and I want to hear from other women who actually have gone through it. Thank you

way2cute

Asked by way2cute at 3:59 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• my only natural was a VBAC and that only happened because he was a preemie coming fast WORST PAIN EVER and even though he was only 3lbs 15oz he still tore me coming out I had to get stitches INSIDE my Vagina and that made sex irritating for about 3 months because it took longer than the 6 weeks they said for the stitches to disolve
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I had an epidural with my son, but I plan on trying for a natural delivery with my next. My only reasons for wanting to try is because the epidural slowed down my labor tremendously. It turned what could have easily been a 10 hour process in to an 18 hour ordeal.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 4:45 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My first born was not natural- I was induced and had pre-eclampsia..I was in labor for 12 1/2 hours, and had the epidural It was a horrible experience.
    My 2nd born I went in 11 days past due date, and labored for 5 hours! I went natural with her, and had support from my husband and my nurse. It was a wonderful experience, I was allowed to go into the bath with the jets whenever I wanted to "ease" the pain, I walked, rolled on the ball, and breathed.. I just let my body take over. It truly was the most amazing thing ever!!! I would do it again if I could, but I am fixed now =).. But very glad that I was able to deliver naturally!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:17 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My labors were only 4 hours and 4 and a half hours. They went to fast and I was unable to have an epidural.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:39 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I honestly WANTED to feel it all. I wanted to be in it %100. I wanted the whole REAL experience. I had a home birth though, which i think makes natural childbirth easier. You can push in whichever position feels most comfy, you can labor in the bathtub, you can walk around buck naked if you want to. I was just an awesome experience to be FREE while in childbirth. I honestly didn't find it to be very painful. I have been in worse pain for sure. I think many women freak out so bad, that it makes them THINK it hurts worse. Mind over matter is a true statement.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• no one said i was crazy, i chose a natural birth because i had previously had an intended natural birth that ended in gas/pethidine/epidural and knew i didnt ever want to replicate the experience. with my medicated birth,i didnt feel part of the process-it was just something that was happening to me, and i ended up with some pretty major post shock stress to deal with.lets just say i was completely happy to have just one child. well, my second unmedicated birth totally blew my mind. we as women are totally capable of not only carrying but delivering our babies! i found out as much information about birth as i could, and went into it feeling prepared. i knew what the contractions were for, and how they were working to help my baby into the world, and i welcomed each one. the human body has a remarkable ability to block pain, and afterward the endorphins rushing through my system left me feeling like superwoman.
    katiemum

Answer by katiemum at 7:35 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Um yeah i did it 4 times, I was younger and They never offered the epidural, I will never do that agian..

kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 7:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I saw your other questions so thought I would put my response here. Having a natural delivery was my plan for the same reasons you mentioned in your other question. I went to childbirth classes and felt I could do it and, at least, was going to try. Was doing fine with labor but it just stopped after 12 hours. For several reasons I had to have a c-section. My mom was nervous about me going natural but voiced her opinion once and then kept quiet. My husband was my coach and he supported it right from the start. I was in a hospital setting. My DIL had a home birth with a midwife and says it is THE only way to go! As long as you are prepared for any eventuality you will do fine. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:17 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I went into my first pregnancy thinking that if I needed drugs I would have them, if I didn't I wouldn't. I didn't need anything, so I had my oldest natural, same with my middle child. My youngest was born via emergency C.

I took a 4-hour Lamaze class prior to my first. Other than that, I didn't really prepare. (and the nurses taught me more during my first delivery than I learned in the class) Your body knows what to do, and the nurses/doctors can help you through it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It was 1986, epidurals were not an option back then...at least not in my area. Hell I didn't even get an ultra-sound...they did them only if they suspected trouble. Needless to say, I had my next 2 with epi's and was glad to have it as an option. My last 2 were by C-section
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:23 AM on Nov. 5, 2010