What have you found to be the best way to mix formula?

Just wondering what other moms have found to the be the best way to mix formula. If there's a certian water temp or way of mixing the bottle that makes a lot of difference.
Currently I just use a lukewarm water from the tap and I've been trying to make it in advance using a measuring cup and the whisk and making a few bottles worth and storing them in the fridge.
So, momma's what have you found to be the best?

JadeRDragosani

Asked by JadeRDragosani at 4:24 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have my husband make it, lol. Seriously though, he makes them in advance. We bought an electric kettle to boil water and a few pitchers to mix up a large batch and then pour into the bottles. We store them in the fridge and heat up with a bottle warmer when needed.
    LittleD96

Answer by LittleD96 at 2:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I just do it with room temp water from our Pur Pitcher. I pour it in the bottle and then add the number of scoops needed for the amount of water thats in there. I'm lucky tho cause my daughter will drink a bottle from the refrigerator if she's hungry, but room temp seems to be perfect.
    AmberNGeorge

Answer by AmberNGeorge at 7:51 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I make them in advance using water from the Brita filter, and then heat them in a bottle warmer before I feed them to my 7 mo old son. That seems to work pretty well. If we're out, I just bring a bottle pre-filled with water, then dump in the amount of form I need, lightly shake, and it's ready. He doesn't mind room temp bottles.
    jacksmom1225

Answer by jacksmom1225 at 8:37 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Warm water always worked best for me, and I'd make up enough bottles for the day in a pitcher. I never had any luck mixing one bottle at a time, the formula didn't seem to mix too well. When I knew I wou;dn't be home and couldn't keep the bottles cold, I'd take ready-serve with me.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:03 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i have all the water in the bottles already so it sits at room temperature, then when it comes time to eat, i heat it up in the microwave for about 15 seconds and shake it around, then put the formula in (either from the formula dispenser or right from the container).
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 9:46 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I never warmed my dd's bottle even frm birth. She got used to rm temp bottles which was good for me! I always had them ready with the water!
    mercy928

Answer by mercy928 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I have the Dr.Browns formula mixing pitcher from Babies R Us for around $15. It is awesome and soooo worth it. My son is 6 months old and I have been using it since he was brought home. I make all the bottles for the day at once and it is so much easier. It mixies the formula perfectly, and has onces marked on the side. I cant live without it.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/186-7185138-5810027?asin=B001I481LM&AFID=Performics_Google%20Product%20Listing%20Ads&ci_src=15781033&ci_sku=B001I481LM&LNM=Primary&ref=tgt_adv_XASD0001
    here is the link for the Dr.Browns mixing pitcher, I found it at target too.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 11:03 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I used concentrated liquid. LOL I boiled water and let it cool and them mixed up a pitcher and poured bottles as needed. I would warm them in the microwave. Next kid will be nurse only..I refuse to make up formula and clean those damn bottles again. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• We've always made them 1 bottle at the time (currently formula feeding my 5th child).  Just water out of the tap, toss in the correct number of scoop then I swirl it to get the formula under the level of the water then I shake.  I found that keeps the clumps out of the nipple.  We used to get way more clumps when my older kids were babies so maybe they've changed the formula since then (my older kids are 10, 9 and 8).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:57 AM on Nov. 5, 2010