i need sum advice

hello people my son is 16 months old.. My son hasnt walked yet i feel like sumthing could be wrong and he is alittle slow... i took him to the doctors because the only time he walks is in his walker but when he does hes right foot is turned sideways and hes left foot is normal as in straight they said if he doesnt walk by february then they are going to put a cast on his leg.. i dont understand how that would help.. could it be his hips i just dont want sumthing serious to be wrong... please i need sum advice even if ur a mom or a doctor... how old was ur son when he started walking...????

ryansbabygurl88

Asked by ryansbabygurl88 at 5:12 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They ought to x-ray his hips/legs to make sure things are lined up. Do u walk with him holding your hands at all? Try getting him out of the walker for awhile. Have him push something (the walker, a stroller, anything he can get a good grip on and walk behind on his own). That's how DS got started. He still loves to push stuff (at 2).
    Good luck, Hun!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:36 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Thanks actually he'll walk with me holding his hands, he also has a toy story car they u push as ur walker but if i let go of his hands he will just sit down my sister actually said it was probably his hips too thanks
    ryansbabygurl88

Comment by ryansbabygurl88 (original poster) at 5:54 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I agree with musicpisces! Try and get him out of the walker and into something that he has to push and walk with... It's a great idea :)
    Bryanna_16

Answer by Bryanna_16 at 5:54 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Walkers that you put the baby in are not really beneficial, they do not speed up the walking process, in many cases doctors have said that it will slow the walking process. I agree with above, allowing your LO to walk behind something and push it will probably help, that's how my son started to try and let go and walk on his own at a very young age. Also, if you notice you are holding you LO a lot and not giving them time to explore on their own, that could slow things down. Your LO might just need to get comfortable with not holding on to you and just letting go. Scaling the couches and chairs, is a good one because if there is a break in the couches, a space, they will try to take steps to get from point a to point b.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:26 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Here's a pretty good article

http://kidshealth.org/parent/pregnancy_newborn/movement/gait.html#
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I just tried to look at the link after I posted it and had a problem, so if you want to try to find it Google "child learn to walk pointed foot" and look at the kidshealth link that should be one of the choices.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2010