Do you see yourself in your child? In what way?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 6:25 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• yes i do. i have 3 kids. all three have my stubborn streak. i think one has my love for music. i see love of creativity in all-that's me too. i see scatterbrain in one and i can relate sometimes. i have one with add and now i am starting to wonder if he gets that from me as well. i see lvoe for others and all creatures that is me. sometimes i will look and see oh those are my lips or that is my chin. my oldest has my fine hair.
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 6:28 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I do. I am somewhat impulsive but my 12 yo dd is WAY worse than me. She isn't like me as I have been and am 'girly' She is a tom-boy and doesn't like nail polish, frills, sparkles at all. Boo hoo, wish she was like me 'that way' and boy 'we would have lots of fun'
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 8:31 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I do - my 13 yo is very loving, and always looking out for others (except his younger sister, lol!) He's also quite the comedian.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:00 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Yes I do in both of them.
    My older son, likes to read especially quotes and he writes them down, he likes to sing and make up songs, we have the same sense of humor, he is kind and empathetic all the same qualities I have.

My younger son likes to read, he is funny and very sarcastic at times, he loves to watch movies, he is stubborn but very sensitive.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Yes, my 17 yr old dd is me reincarnated and it scares the hell out of me! lol

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:34 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My oldest is my little clone. He looks like me, talks like me, has a lot of my gestures, gets ALL my jokes (scary!), and definitely inherited my family's dry, sardonic wit. He's thoughtful and will bend over backwards for people, but when you make him angry, he GOES OFF! We always joke he has a slow-burning fuse....

My youngest is like a little emo version of me. He's hypersensitive, generous to the extreme, blows up all the time, but never ever holds a grudge.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:43 PM on Nov. 9, 2010