do you think multivitamins help you stay healthy esp with kids?

i just started giving my kids a multi vitamin daily to try to ward off colds and illness. wondering if it will help?

stargazer74

Asked by stargazer74 at 6:30 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't think there's anything wrong with supplementing with the proper nutrients, but they will NOT take the place of the keys to good health, which are proper nutrition, regular exercise, and getting enough sleep. Those things are the most important--vitamins will just help fill in the little gaps.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:51 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I was wondering that myself and asked a couple of young families in our extended family. All of them give their kids vitamins at their doctors recommendation. It is especially helpful if you have picky eaters.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:28 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My dad always had tons of vitaminc all over, And that man was never sick..... I take flintstones and while we did just get sick it only lasted 3 days, much better then b4

kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 7:34 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I DO think it's helped. I have given a multi (gummie) 2x's a day since my dd has been old enough to chew them. She is like almost never sick, if once a year and it's always been that way. I think it's reved up her immune system long ago. She is 12 and wonder if she can start swollowing a multi-vitamin instead of taking chewies but haven't started that yet.
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 8:28 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• they help, doesn't replace real food tho
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:54 AM on Nov. 5, 2010