Know of anything natural to help with sleep?

been on meds. want to get off of them. I'm gaining too much weight! Know naything natural I can use? or do?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 6:39 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Health

• Melatonin...I used to use this every night. It's natural. I dont use it now because I am BF and as you can see I am up on CM because of it. It works great for most people who have tried it. But there are the few that have no effect. Worth a try, it's cheap, natural, and at almost any store that has a medicine department.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:43 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Contrary to popular belief, melatonin is no more natural than anything else you've been taking. It's a SYNTHETIC hormone, it is made in a lab just like all other meds. Also, if you take it every night, you run the risk of ruining your own brain's production of melatonin. Our brains makes melatonin when the sun goes down, it signals our brain to get ready for bed. You can give it a try, but as with any hormone replacement drug...you run the risk of screwing up your bodies ability to make that certain hormone on it's own. marijuana is probably safer in the long run for sleep, than melatonin.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:08 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• wine
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:15 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• sleepytime tea
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:19 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Melatonin works great. This past summer my DD ended up in the hospital in a medically induced coma. When they started waking her up, she was on lots of meds, she was having trouble sleeping. The Doctors said to give her this and it worked great. Also, it does not interfer with other medications.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:36 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Melatonin
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:55 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Melatonin. It's not for long term use, it should be used for 2-3 weeks at a time to get your natural sleep rhythms back on track.

Answer by missanc at 9:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• A wack with a frying pan works wonders! ...

LOL, Sorry, couldn't help it. ;-)
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I've had sleep issues all my life.  What works best for me is avoiding caffeine after midday and taking a calcium supplement about an hour before bed.  They make me so drowsy!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:41 AM on Nov. 5, 2010