Do you consider this a born talent or blessing?

Rap singer?

A beautiful singing voice is a gift. Is a rap singer in that same category (in your opinion)?

personally I don't. They aren't actually singing or doing anything that requires much talent imho

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 7:13 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope. Not even as poets because a lot of the lyrics are either obnoxious or just dumb (in order to make the rhyme). They aren't singing and they take over the atmosphere of those listening and create one of anger and violence. Don't agree? Watch people listening to rap. What expression is on their face? Usually an angry one or a "don't mess with me or I'll take you out" type expression. Not usually a happy one that would indicate the "music" makes people happy. Don't like it or the enviroments that surround it: "the hood" prison pants, disrespect for women and police, crime and drugs...what is to like or appreciate?
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 12:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Well, maybe not signing, but the rhyming and coming up with the "hooks" is pretty talented. Some rap artists, anyway. I guess you could consider them poets instead. I'm not a fan of rap but some of the rhyming is pretty clever.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 7:16 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I can't do it.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 7:16 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I cant stand rap in general, whether its talent or not. But that's my honest opinion.
    TD4ever

Answer by TD4ever at 7:20 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Poetry is certainly a gift.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• hopping around on a strange waving your hands in the air, or crossing your arms and bouncing your head up and down is not much of a thing you need to work on, no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I dont know. Cause you still have to have the right voice to rap
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 7:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• while coming up with the rhymes might be not that easy, but most of them dont even write their own music. And what most of them actually sing about I dont approve of. It sets a bad example.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:00 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I've never cared for rap! Just don't like it!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 9:52 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Rap: organized noise.
    BabiesMe

Answer by BabiesMe at 10:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2010