Do you ever...

feel pumped from working out or just worn out and tired?

I just feel tired out. I've felt pumped maybe twice in my life from working out.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 7:28 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• If you are a beginner to working out, you might not get that "rush" as easily as someone who has been working out consistently for awhile. That doesn't mean you cant achieve it though! You might consider increasing the intensity of your workout. Go a little harder, run a little faster, lift a little heavier, listen to some music to pump you up... think about leaving it all in the gym if you know what I mean. It always seems like the more I challenge myself in the gym, the bigger the payoff when the workout is over. I'm pretty sure it has something do with endorphins b/c once the workout is I get a little euphoric feeling. It's great.

I do agree with vicesix though... there will always be the occasional day when you just can't seem to get into it. The best thing to do during that is just get it over with and know that tomorrow will be better.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 8:43 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• um mostly tired, I think if I just walk I feel more pumped
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 7:30 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I used to feel pumped and I loved working out. Now I am just tired. I believe it I started working out again I might feel better, although it is not happening.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:33 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I feel happy I did it but ready for a nap personally. LMAO! I dread working out until I start and then I'm happy I did it once I'm done. I HATE working out- but I HATE this weight more.
    AmberNGeorge

Answer by AmberNGeorge at 7:48 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Mostly I feel super-pumped after a good workout, but I admit there are days when it just ain't happening...I can never get that OOPMPH while I'm exercising, and then I just feel worn out afterward. Thankfully, that only happens every once in a while.
    I found that as I got into better and better shape, I had more vigor during the workout and more energy and zest after I finished than I did when I first started a fitness routine.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• in the beginning i feel exhausted!!!!! but after i get in the routine, i feel so pumped up afterwards!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I gave up on jogging. But I bike, walk, and go to the gym and I rarely feel pumped, just pooped out. I try to eat rite and I know I don't get enough sleep, but its minimal. I dunno why I get so worn out. I do make progress tho, just never feel all pumped.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I feel pumped! Especially after a good hard run! It energizes me for the entire day!
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 7:54 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I always feel pumped! this is what motivates me!

Answer by older at 7:55 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Tired for the first week and then I get pumped. I workout by 9am everyday.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:23 AM on Nov. 5, 2010