How have you vet mommies dealt with Daylight Savings time in the past?

I'm so worried that I'm going to now be up at 4:30-5am since Emma is pretty good at sleeping until 5:30-6am now. How have you Mommies who have been through this before dealt? She's 7 months old and has always been VERY scheduled (her own doing-she's like her Mommy). Are their tricks or do their internal clocks somehow adjust? LMAO!

AmberNGeorge

Asked by AmberNGeorge at 7:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They never noticed i dont think. I hate it, just cause.
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 7:46 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• doesn't change much. Just some adjusting to getting up earlier is all.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:46 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My kids were put off schedule a bit. But it seems to work itself out in a week or so.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:54 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• no matter the darkness outside, i keep bedtime the same... it does take a slight adjustment of about a week but my kids have always stayed on schedule!
    Tfor2

Answer by Tfor2 at 8:05 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My oldest has always had a hard time when the time change occurs (he's 13 now). We moved his schedule by 15 minute increments over the course of a week until he was back on track.

Answer by missanc at 8:50 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It usually threw us off for about a week or two, but I did make small adjustments to the sleep times each day (about 15-20 minutes a day) until it lined up with the new time. I always dreaded the time change knowing it would affect us for a while. Oh, I was just typing away and noticed the person above did the 15 minutes increment thing too. :-)
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I never notice. Baby goes to bed after I get home from work. Whether that's an internal clock that matches with 11pm or 10pm is irrelevant. We won't be sleeping any differently.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:49 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I don't let it affect us at all. We aren't kept by a clock, we are kept by the sun. (bedtimes after sunset, wake up after sunrise) :P
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I just stick to the same schedule by the time on the clock and it seems to not be a problem in our house!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2010