WYR No nap but a decent bed time for your child or Vice versa?

The reason I ask if because my daughter has gone almost 2 years without napping. She just will NOT nap. But, on the other hand she goes to bed so well about 8:30 every night, and sleeps until about 7:15 or so. Yesterday for the first time she actually napped!! I was shocked, kind of happy lol. But she didn't go to sleep until 11:30 last night and woke around 6am! I'm exhausted this morning and hoping this doesnt become a new thing. I'll give up naps anyday!

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 7:58 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in

• no nap!! my daughter stopped napping at 18 months..and slept from 9pm-9am...so i had absolutely no problem with her not napping..LOL..cuz im sooooooooooo not a morning person!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Naps can be GREAT, but i'd rather my kids sleep through the night.. that's when I sleep!!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 9:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Sometimes whenthy are that age they are over active and it depends on what you feed her during the day as to why she may not nap. When my daughter was her age we had to lay beside her and nap if possible. But i till think a good bed time is better so you don't have the extra hassle. Also at that age they will get up at different times of day it's not uncommon. I have three kids 18, 13, & 11 they were all different and it drove me up a all. You just have to develop a schedule around her in order to rest yourself.
    apiegurl

Answer by apiegurl at 8:33 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I'd rather my son have a nap b/c I'm a night owl anyway!
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 9:00 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• my son doesnt take naps ...he stays up till about 8-9pm and then is up at 6am every day...

honesty33

Answer by honesty33 at 9:36 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• decent bed time. my baby takes a nap sometimes, but my 2 year old won't. bed is at 7-8, and he wakes at 7 the next morning. nice relaxing night, no fights to go to bed, not tired during the day !
    sleepymamaof3

Answer by sleepymamaof3 at 10:46 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I have to make this decision every day almost because my almost 3 year old fights nap time so badly anymore that by the time I get him to sleep its too late to be worth it. I have to ask myself would I rather an hour break now or stick it out another couple of hours and be able to get him into bed earlier. It really depends on how fussy he's being and how I'm feeling what I decide.... He goes to bed at 7 or 8 if he doesn't nap, but if he naps too late he'll keep me up til midnight....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• No nap...and early to bed! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2010