Am I really such a bad mom to not care about getting photos done of my daughter?

I don't have the time or money, so I just snap pictures at home with my phone or webcam.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 7:58 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Just because you aren't getting them "professionally" done, does not make you bad. You are getting the 'real-life' moments with your camera anyway.

Those will mean more than the posed pictures.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:00 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• There were all kinds of really good mothers prior to the invention of photography. I think you'll do okay, too.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:01 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• no your not a bad mom its fine to just snap pics
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 8:00 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Of course not! I think the real life photos are better than any! It takes one day to sit at a photography studio arguing with your child to sit still and act like an angel lol, but it takes years to get a compilation of great pictures of them growing and learning.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:04 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• No, most people probably prefer to take pictures themselves, because it saves money.
    It doesn't make you a bad mother, I probably won't have them done professionally either :]
    CharlotteMurdin

Answer by CharlotteMurdin at 8:09 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Thats actually a great idea to do that. Because most of the time you get stuck with a whole lot of pics that you dont know who to give them too. I know I still have some from the past and it does get rather expensive.
    apiegurl

Answer by apiegurl at 8:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Hey wouldn't got our dd don if it wasn't for fil,I am thankful that they did it.So don't feel bad I have better home pics than the one's my fil payed 120.00 for lol.Know you cans take cute pics with your cam, go to walmart and get 8'10 you get just about any size at good prices.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 8:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I took my oldest (now 13) twice to get his pictures done. Other than that (I have 3 kids now), their only professional photos are from school. My youngest (almost 3) has never had his done.

I don't think it's bad at all. I love the candid shots, those are memories. Taking a child to a photo studio is capturing a picture, not a memory. :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:56 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I a not a huge fan of professional portraits. The only reason I get the done is to give them to family members.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 10:12 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• A bad mom, never! But, you may regret it later..they do grow so fast. I would just invest in or ask for a camera as a gift and take my own. I take my own, I have a super nice camera I love. It does just as good as a professional, I am creative by nature, I love snapping photos of all 5 of my kids.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:19 AM on Nov. 5, 2010