Is it bad that I don't really want to breastfeed?

CharlotteMurdin

Asked by CharlotteMurdin at 8:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Nope, that is your decision to make, not ours:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:08 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Well, it's your choice... I will say that I thought I would n'y like breast feeding and I loved it. I would consider at least giving it a try. You may be surprised.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:10 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Absolutely not. BFing isn't for everyone. There are people who will try to make you feel horrible for it, but ignore it! Your decision only
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:11 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• No, it is not bad! Do what is best for you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• dont let anyone bully you in to doing anything you dont want to do.....and no its not bad....some people just are cut out for it....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 8:33 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• *Ducking and running for cover*

I didn't breastfeed, my own reasons, but it was a choice I thought was best for both my children and myself. I have 3 "formula fed" babies (well, 13, 11, and almost 3) that are healthy (never have to go to the doctor!), well-attached, and overall great kids.

Don't let anyone bully you into making a decision you aren't comfortable with. It doesn't make you a bad mom, or less of a mom than those that choose to nurse.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:34 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It doesn't make you bad, but if you can, at least consider giving it a shot. It really is what's best nutritionally for the baby, and a wonderful bonding experience for you. You may be surprised at how successful you can be with it. Good luck either way!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:46 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• No it's not bad and there is NO difference in bonding between a BF or Bottle Fed baby. You will bond the same with your baby either way
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:54 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• No and dont let anyone make you feel like it is. There are alot of people who are fanatics about this sort of thing, just dont let them get to you. I tried to breast feed my first son cause of guilt and i didnt even make it out of the hospital before i started using bottles. both my children are happy healthy and thriving boys and they were formula fed.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:08 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• No - it isn't bad. It is your choice as the mother to that child and no one else's choice.
    Don't let anyone give you a hard time about your choice. Far better to formula feed than to beat the child, starve the child, lock the child in a closet.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:20 AM on Nov. 5, 2010