When did you have your first period after baby?

after baby #1, #2, #3, etc? Did you EBF with any or all? Did you pump at all? Did you nurse on demand or schedule? When did you introduce solids? Did you take any medication? Did you nurse throughout the night?

CNLueck

Asked by CNLueck at 11:04 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 in General Parenting

• I have my son in February, I breastfed him. I did pump most of the first month, he was born a month early and has Down Syndrome, it took a while to get him to actually nurse. I pumped on occasion after that as well. My first period came around May, my second was 2 weeks later than expected, and I got pregnant after that.... so yeah =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:19 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I forgot to add, I nursed on demand, which happened to be about every 2 hours.
    dedicatedrider

• Wow you have a lot of questions...lol. I will try and answer the ones I know.

I am nursing. My daughter is 6 months old and have been sleeping through the night since about 2 months, so no I don't nurse throughout the night.
    I started her on pablum at about 4 months old and now she is eating that for breakfast, fruits for lunch, and fruits and veggies for dinner. She is about to try some meat tonight with her veggies and fruit.
    I am working on weaning her off of the bottle as her two bottom teeth came in and she bites and it hurts like hell.
    I got my first period when she was 5and a half months old.
    I'm not on medication and I never pumped. I feed her on demand. I don't believe in a schedule for a newborn baby.
    MeeShee

Answer by MeeShee at 11:22 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• i breast fed my daughter for about 5 months bc i dried up.. i got my period back when she was 4 months. since the hospital i had her on formula so she would gain weight. I would nurse as much as i could. if she was still cryin after i would give her formula to fill her up! sometimes i pumped. not often bc it was just easier to just nurse. i would nurse through the whole night just dont let the baby stay in ur bed lol. it wont be fun when they r 1 and not sleepin on their own!!! My daughter had food at 5 months.. a little b4 then bc my parents gave it to her but i didnt.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• A week after my 6 week check up with my first baby, even though I breastfed exclusively, I started a very heavy period that lasted over a week.

With my second, I didn't get a period for 8 months after he was born, and I stopped nursing him after 4 months.
    alicia0820

Answer by alicia0820 at 12:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Oh, I didn't answer everything, lol. I nursed all day and all night, on demand, no supplimenting. I introduced solids to my oldest at 6 months, and with my second at about 8 months. I didn't take mediactions.
    alicia0820

Answer by alicia0820 at 12:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I didn't have a period for months and months after delivering my daughter. I breastfed for 6 months, pumping mostly. I fed on demand and through the night, but I mostly just nursed when I didn't have time to pump because I wanted to see how much she was getting. I introduced solids around 4 months. No medication while I was nursing.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Ok so i have 2 children so I'll answer seperately. With my first child I got my period back after 4 months. She was nursed but then i thought she wasn't getting enough so I supplemented with formula (worst idea i ever had, but i didn't know any better) She started solids at 4 months. When i did nurse it was on demand.

With my 2nd child I didn't get my period back until 13 months post partum. I BF for 24 months in total. Baby got solids for the first time at 6 months and I nursed her ever 2-4 hours even through the night. I told Domperidone with this baby for a week, but realized i didn't need it.. as all i had to really do was nurse my baby and drink lots of water to get my production up.
    MyIslandGirls

Answer by MyIslandGirls at 8:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• With baby #2 I had my first period when he was 8 months old, right after I started him on solids (he was EBF) We're still BFing and I get a period every other month.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• baby #1 -- first period sometime in the first 12 weeks, pumped full time for 12 months, bottle fed breastmilk on demand, introduced solids about 8mo old, bottle fed throughout the night as needed, he gave up the bottle at 3.5yrs...

baby #2 -- first period sometime in the first 12 weeks, pumped full time for 10 months, bottle fed breastmilk on demand, introduced solids about 7mo old, bottle fed through out the night as needed, still uses the bottle when he asks for it (he's 2.5yrs)...

peace...
    Monkeygrrl

Answer by Monkeygrrl at 2:15 AM on Nov. 4, 2008