My SO doesn't watch our 5 month old very well...

The other day he burnt his hand on a space heater and today he fell out of his swing, which scares me. He acts fine and giggling now but I'm still worried. He landed on carpeting. All this has happened under his supervision. I'm afraid to leave him with his dad because something always seems to happen. Do I have the right to be mad at him? My feelings are so mixed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All i can say is get used to it. My hubby never pays attention to my 11 month old. EVERY TIME he watches our son something happens and he gets hurt. I scream at him because he NEEDS to always have an eye on him so nothing happens!!! I am in the same boat as you. I definately need the break, so i want to leave him with his dad, but i just don't trust him to watch him safley!!! UGH!!! Good luck :)
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 11:17 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Babies need CONSTANT supervision. You can't just put them in a swing and walk away.

I would tell him to either step up or get out. You have every right to be pissed.
    MeeShee

Answer by MeeShee at 11:18 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Guys are kind of like that. I still have to tell my husband to watch our kids better!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:19 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• yes be mad at him.. how do u not watch ur own kid??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• let him have it good you have to train men he will get the point
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Sounds like you have two kids, not just one. He does not sound mature enough to watch the baby - if you need a break, find a friend or someone else to help. I would not be MAD, but SCARED - looks like you have a long road ahead.

Does your baby crawl? Roll? I am interested in how he got over to the space heater.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 11:37 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• He was in his walker and no, he doesn't crawl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Does he show any remorse? Because it is so obviously his fault! Sorry you are in this spot. Hope it doesn't happen again!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 12:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I think that it is a guy thing. After 3 kids my DH still doesn't watch our kids that close. Every time i go to run errands I come home to toys every where, kids screaming that one of them hit another, and somehow the kitchen is always a mess. And there is DH watching tv , play video games, or on the computer not paying attention.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• My husband is the same way. My daughter is two weeks now and all week I went with no sleep while he sleeps when he wants. Last night he was playing video games while he was supposed to watch the baby and she fell off the pillow. She was in no pain and was still sleeping but she was all bent over and I don't know for how long she was in that position. I was very upset and seriously considered leaving him because of that. He's trying to make it up today but I will never leave my daughter unsupervised with him.
    Anonymous