2 month old not pooping?

My 2 month old ds is breastfed. He hasnt had a bm in over 24hrs, which isnt normal for him. Should I be concerned? His wet diapers are normal. Also I havent had a bm in over 24hrs too, dont really know if that would make a difference. Thank you all!

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 8:48 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• EBF babies, after about 6 weeks of age, may change their bowel habits. It is normal, common and safe for an EBF baby to go up to 21 days between bowel movements, as long as when they DO go, the stool is not dry, hard, or pellet like. Karo is NOT recommended for infants, as there is a slight risk of botulism poisoning. Their website says not to give to infants.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:49 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• not sure about 2 month olds. When my daughter was a new born and I only was breastfeeding her, my pediatrician said she could go a couple of days without a bm.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:58 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Thank you Krysta622. I wasnt planning on giving him anything, just breastmilk. Thanks for the info!
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Try some Karo Syrup it woks pretty good
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 9:31 AM on Nov. 5, 2010