Do people not understand that if they are PRO-CHOICE they are also PRO-ABORTION?

For those who say they are Pro-Choice in the debate of abortion... but then state they do not fully support abortion...

If you support the womans right to choose, and make whatever decision she chooses to do with her body... then you are also supporting her right to choose to abort... and thus are supporting abortion!

Yes, there are tons of people who are Pro-Choice if it is the choice they want for the people.... but they don't understand what they are saying when they proclaim to be pro-choice. They should say that they support particular things, and not that they are Pro-choice all the way.

Am I wrong here?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 9:08 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The fallacy in that statement is like saying if you believe in the death penalty, you believe that it's ok to kill people, or saying that if you are pro life that means you would adopt and support for life. It's not as simple as that. I believe in pro choice, but would not have an abortion personally. This is not a simple question and there are complex situations.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:20 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• yes, i believe you are. being pro-choice means just that..you support an individual's personal choice, which should be a constitutional right, IMO. you can dislike what they do with that choice all day long and until the cow's come home, but its a freedom i do not want someone else to take from me. that is pro-choice.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:11 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I agree fully with dullscissors! Well said!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:13 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Couldn't have said it better than Dull Scissors.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:17 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• That's iffy but I do think most people who say they are pro choice are ok with abortion at least in certain circumstances. There are those who would say they are just for people being able to decide to do what they want on their own and they might be considered pro choice by some. I'm not for abortion at all but I'm not going to go out and picket the clinics and scream and cuss people if they have different views. I would never have an abortion and I would be fine with it being illegal but I still think everyone has the right to decide what they want to do.I might consider it wrong but it's not my business to tell them what they should or shouldn't do. I don't consider myself pro choice.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:15 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Why does it matter what other people do with their own body? i always wondered about that? its an individual right and if a woman choices abortion or choices to continue the pregnancy to term its her choice.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:19 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I always figured pro choice means just that - choice, having the ability to choose. Not necessarily pro abortion. I guess you can chalk it up to perception. You believe abortion is still murder even in the womb. The law says differently and since it's legal, eveyone is entitled to their own opinion. The only thing I ever think is dumb are the people who are so very concerned about what happens to babies until they are born. That describes just about every pro lifer I've ever known of.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I believe that would be an opinion.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:35 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Well I am all for individual choice as long as it does not harm another human being. In this case, it kills a baby in utero and I could not in good conscience be "for" abortion (or pro-choice).
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 9:15 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Exactly, itsmesteph.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:18 AM on Nov. 5, 2010