How long can a baby sleep in a bassinet before needing a crib?

I have a 2 month old & was wondering how long babies usually sleep in a bassinet. Should we be looking for a crib, or do we still have some time? We think she'll be okay in it for another month or so, but not sure. She still has plenty of room in the bassinet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There's no need to move her to a crib until she runs out of room. My DS was in a bassinet until he was 4 months old.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:18 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• In my opinion as long as she fits in it and is sleeping good in it then theres really no problem with it. hey at least yours is sleeping in a bed, alot of babies including my first hated sleeping in his bed and slept in his swing or boucer seat till he couldnt fit in them anymore. use your best judgement.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:19 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• When they start to get up on their knees looking over the side. Get them to a crib.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:24 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Til she's too long for the bassinet or til she starts pushing up on the edge of the bassinet and is in danger of falling out.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:24 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Mine were closer to 6 months before we moved them to a crib. The main things, I believe, are if the baby still has room to move, the weight limit has not been reached, and they are not pulling themself up yet.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:24 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I always took my kids out of the bassinet once they could roll or scoot...I think it was between 2 and 3 months for both of them. I was just afraid that they would get their faces up against the side since they have such a small space.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:25 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• until she/ reaches the weight limit or is in danger of being able to fall out
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:26 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My DD was in hers until she was 6 months...
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 9:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My son was in his crib at 2 weeks, daughter was in her crib at 5 weeks. Only 2 reasons to take a baby out of the bassinet. 1. when you want them in their own room and 2 when they no longer fit in their bassinet lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:37 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• we just started off with a crib to begin with.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:57 AM on Nov. 5, 2010