cooking ...

Ok, so to be completely honest ... I'm no betty crocker. Actually, it took me 10 minutes to make an egg sandwich simply because I forgot to turn the stove on! So, yeah, I'm not what you'd call gifted when it comes to cooking. This year, since my hubby isn't deployed, I'm planning on going all out for Thanksgiving (kinda scary lol) and I need some somewhat simple but good recipes. Rather it be different sides or breads or what. We may have a few people over. So, I'd like some originals and some that may be a little different. Whether you make it or find a link to it, if you would give me the instructions lol Thanks!!

sgt.youngs.wife

Asked by sgt.youngs.wife at 9:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• When you make the turkey, dont forget to check all cavities for the neck and giblets.
    Cook the turkey breast side down so that as it cooks it bastes itself in it won drippings.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 9:30 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• The turkey I'm SUPER nervous about! My husband has to work on Thanksgiving so he won't be home until dinner time ... for the turkey alone, im debating on going to cracker barrel lol
    sgt.youngs.wife

Comment by sgt.youngs.wife (original poster) at 9:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I think you can go to Butterball's site and get some great info on a cooking a turkey. Maybe that will ease your mind a little. Good luck.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:34 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• ALLRECIPIES.COM
    I made my entire thanksgiving dinner (my FIRST ever for 10 people) off of this site last year. Everyone had seconds and thirds and the left overs were amazing.....the great thing is they have reviews for like every recipie so you can see what others changed or didnt and go from there!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• oh sweet! thank you sooooo much!
    sgt.youngs.wife

Comment by sgt.youngs.wife (original poster) at 10:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Use an oven bag for roasting your turkey. So easy and juicy.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Ahhh. I remember my first time. Butterball.com helped me and I had the perfect turkey. Sister Shubert yeast rolls. GL!!!!!

***Defrost your turkey 2 days before cooking.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 3:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2010