What's your "worst boss ever" story you have?

SweetPieMama24

Asked by SweetPieMama24 at 9:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• My worst boss was an OB Gyn in Va Bch that suffered from OCD really bad and had a bad reputation for chasing women. Long story, but basically he tried to force me to alter medical records to get him out of poor decisions he had made. I quit, he got sued, he lost Hosp priveledges, it was a very long long stressful time working with him. I can think of one more that I sued for breach of contract, but he wasn't nearly as bad as the OB Gyn. Ugh....so glad I'm not in medicine anymore.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:39 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• the sexist boss who didn't like kids and when I asked to leave work early for the kid's yet again, asked me what was more important: My career or my kids...pfft...you kidding? See ya, Jacky. Yes my boss was a WOMAN.... she didn't like men or kids. Our staff was almost exclusively female except 2 guys she "had" to hire to keep it legal. Didn't like kids and was total career minded. Didn't feel women should give up their careers for children.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• my worst bosses...a family run franchise restaurant. They allowed bullying by the "younger" crowd. I worked for them for 1 year. They always were really nice and understanding to your face, but would complain to others. They did this to other employees also. They would always tell me what a great employee I was, etc... Then this one younger girl (23yrs old)who has been there 3 yrs, liked to gossip and start rumors, not to mention treat customers like shit! One day she poured creamer into an older guys coffee, it was a moldly lump, and she served it anyway after I told her not to. She said he's old and can't taste it anyway.! WTF? right? So I told this to 3 of my managers(all family, not of this girl either) ... I'm a divorced mom of 3, I needed this job! I didn't think that would jeopardize my job. That night, the father (owner also) called to tell me they didn't need me anymore, it was too much drama! And he hung up!
    My3RaysofSun

Answer by My3RaysofSun at 10:14 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• And then when I filed for unemployment, they tried saying I did unsatisfactory work! You bet I fought it! Won too...for only 98 a week!
    My3RaysofSun

Answer by My3RaysofSun at 10:16 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My3RaysofSun - omg that's HORRIBLE!!!

I've heard from horror stories of bosses, I fortunately haven't had to deal with a nightmare of one, but I've had plenty of worst coworkers ever! LOL
    SweetPieMama24

Comment by SweetPieMama24 (original poster) at 10:16 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I had a boss who played favorites. Those who were her favorite got away with everything, even breaking company policy. Those of us who weren't her favorite had everything nitpicked even when we were following the rules.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My worst boss hated me for getting pregnant and taking 3 months of for maternity leave. When I got back, boss hated the fact I needed to pump 2x a day. The only suitable place was 3 floors up, in a bathroom, so twice a day I would set my timer (I work in a lab so I am a slave to the timer for my work), grab my pump, run up 3 flights of stairs, pump, rinse my parts and race back down before the timer went off 15 minutes later. Boss would often be standing at the door waiting for me, making sure I wasn't even a second late returning to work. My breaks were to be 15 minutes long and no more.

The worst part? Boss was a WOMAN and had no sympathy for any woman who choose to be a mom while also pursuing a career a science!
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 12:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My former boss stalked me while on my days off. She actually thought I did not notice that security was following me around. She even gave me a list of places I has shopped at the mall on my day off. Scary. I quit and couple of months later...another girl quit for the same reasons.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2010