What to bring and advice for flying with a 6 mon old!

Lets start by saying my son is the most easy-going baby you have ever met. I'm not too worried about him being super fussy and in a baby group I'm in I got a few great suggestions such as feed him a bottle while taking off and landing to help with his ears. But just in case I am being silly and forgetting something, what would you bring ON THE PLANE with your child? (I understand no noisy toys). Plus, Im assuming I dont need to bring any identification paperwork for him, is that correct?

DuckaDucka

Asked by DuckaDucka at 9:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ummm yes you do birth certificate... call the airline to double check if anything else. otherwise i recommend cammomile or other sort of homeopathic drops that calm. you'll find things that entertain along the way like spoons bags of pretzels and etc... bring sanitizing wipes and carry on your stroller for layovers otherwise enjoy your trip
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 9:50 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I'd bring snacks and activities, if the airlines still allow it. Thats how we got thru long flights when they were little.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:11 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Not the case. Each airline sets it's own rules about ID for th child. Contact your carrier to find out what theirs is.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 10:13 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Yeah, I called them to make sure and they said since it was a domestic flight I don't need to bring anything.
    DuckaDucka

Comment by DuckaDucka (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• a toy he hasnt seen in awhile or is new. i took baby einstein dvds.
    LadyofIvory

Answer by LadyofIvory at 1:24 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Make sure to bring a blanket too.... some airlines are going all cheapo and not giving out blankets. Those airplanes can get cold, and you want your kid to be comfy enough to be able to take a nap...
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 5:21 AM on Nov. 6, 2010