My won't my son poop in the potty?

My son will be 4 next month and I have been working on potty training him for way over a year. He has pooped in the potty numerous times before but not for a long time, he just does it in his underwear. I've tried charts and rewards! I need some advice!! Thanks!

Asked by tnmommy2010 at 9:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I was afraid of having this same problem, but my 3 year old seems to do ok. If I catch him in the act of going elsewhere, I put him on the potty, but the last time he had to poop, he went right to his grandparent's toilet. I wish you luck in figuring it out soon!

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:50 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Thank you!

Comment by tnmommy2010 (original poster) at 9:52 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• He could be scared that it is going to splash. go to the Library and get every movie and book for children there is on potty training. Let him watch all of them. Then when he does have to go potty, stay in there with him and encourage him that everything will be o.k. Be patient and remember it will not be this way forever. He has all the time in the not rush. :)

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:02 AM on Nov. 5, 2010