What is with this ?...

I like watching shows like steven seagal, police women of dallas, 48 hours ect but have noticed a trend. Why does it seem like everyone that is getting arrested is black seriously like 99% of the time that's what it is. Now im not racist not in the least bit but this is very disturbing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Well I think there are just too many people in general in poorer neighborhoods that don't have the opportunity for school, don't have positive role models in their life and they succumb to temptation with gangs, drugs, etc etc. We as a society let too many kids fall thru the cracks, regardless of color.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:01 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Statistically they commit more crimes. Statistically more crime is committed in low income urban areas which have a higher population of blacks.

IMO, this is all part of the cycle created by of the loss of the traditional American family and public assistance. It is very sad.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:20 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I don't know that most of them are any color in particular, but those shows are filmed in more metropolitan areas because they see the most action. You of course will get a more diverse demographic in larger more populated areas. At least, that's my guess. I have watched the First 48 where the suspects are white, or hispanic. It all depends on where it is shot.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• agrees with Mom2Jack04
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Why post anonymously is my first question. I agree with Mom2Jack04. If they are the ones committing the crimes, they are the ones getting arrested.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 10:08 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i think the demographics of the location has more to do with it than the producers of these shows and racism. let's face it...if they filmed in a small, country town..who'd tune in to watch "Cows Gone Wild"??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It could be as simple as the neighborhood they patrol. If the neighborhood has a high concentration of African Americans it stands to reason they will be arrested more often.

Ever seen the screaming white people on cops?
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 11:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I know.."Cops" features these crazy drugged up white people screaming and abusing the cops that are arresting them. Most of them are in Vegas or other large cities out west. Then in the south, some gross families living in shacks with little kids running around in diapers in the middle of the night while the cops start arresting big daddy. It is disgusting. Criminals come in all colors,all sizes.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Glad you understood what I meant Kerp, I reread that and cringed. LOL.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 1:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It reflects life to a "T". The problem is many black men (and Latinos) see it as a 'badge of courage' to go to the pen. In truth, it's hard for any man to be a MAN when others are telling him when he has to go to bed, when he can get up, and when he can go pee.
    BabiesMe

Answer by BabiesMe at 11:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2010