TMI - pregnant & constipated. :P What's ok to take?

Is Miralax ok? DH takes that all the time & even my pediatritican said it was ok in small amounts for DD when she's a little constipated.

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 10:13 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My OB wouldn't allow any meds for it...he suggested prunes/dried plums. I ate 5 a day. You can try other dried fruits..they didn't work for me though.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:15 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Ugh. It's getting to the point I'm feeling a little sick. I've tried for 2 days with no luck. :(
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 10:17 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I know this will sound weird,but, A big Mac! I never have trouble going after a greasy big mac! Or apple cider, not juice, cider. Good luck.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 10:23 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i think it was mialax that my ob had me take! i mixed it in water! i had low iron but i couldnt poop to save my life it made no sense! call ur doc and ask!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:23 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I never asked my OB about that (it happens to a majority of pregnant women, especially towards the end!!) - but i just downed a bottle of apple juice and ate fiber bars. It was a miracle LOL! But i would also take a stool softener cuz you're gonna develop hemmorhoids when it comes out (Tmi sorry, but it's true...)
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 10:38 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• In addition to the fruits and veggies I ate like crazy, I had a cup of a laxative a day....metamucil. Then at the end when it got really bad, I had to take colace.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:45 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Prunes. they are natures' little gift to pregnant women.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Thank you everyone! I eat frosted mini-wheats every morning & that usually does the trick but it's not so much, anymore. I'm really diggin' wallmom1's answer, a BIG MAC!!! Mmmmmm..... I might just go treat myself a little later. :D
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2010