What are the benefits on owning a sports car?

We are interested in buying a 1999 Corvet and it looks like we ARE going to get it the way my dh talks about it.
Ok we have a 4X4 Ford truck and a SUV but he has been wanting a corvet for the longest and keeps saying one day I will get it. Now my question is he plans on using it when we are alone just he and I which I like the idea but we have 2 kids so we are only using it for the time they are in school or maybe one crazy weekend just the two of us.
That car will be parked most of the time until we do something (he makes the plans). What would you do ladies, I mean will it really be worth it? Thanks for listening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Entertainment

• If it's going to be your "date night" car ... go for it. Everyone needs to have fun and sports cars are wicked fun. I'd take a sports car over anything out there. I absolutely HATE stupid minivans, trucks, sedans ... family type cars. With the exception of my Durango, every car I've had has been a sports car.

By the way, Corvettes are really an investment. It's really very rare to see a cheap Corvette ... they usually increase in value because of what they are.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:14 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• IMO no. He sounds as if he's having an early mid-life crisis and wants to prove how manly he is. Now if it's something that you can afford and it's not going to set you back and cause problems, then probably no big deal. Otherwise, I'd veto it.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I wouldn't have one while you have kids. Mainly because a Corvette is a 2 seater. You're going to eventually spend tons of money maintaining a sports car of that age and if you can't do most of the mechanic work on it yourself you're going to spend a ton.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 10:20 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It's a status symbol, really nothing more.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• The only benefit is WIND IN THE HAIR .....

tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2010