Looking to start my own cleaning business. Any tips? Advice?

I'm looking to start my own "green" cleaning business. There aren't any jobs in this area (that are flexible with my kids) and I'm wondering if any of you have advice/tips?

My3RaysofSun

Asked by My3RaysofSun at 10:19 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• Just be sure you get a business license/dba and tax id number, buy all the appropriate supplies, then make flyers to hang up at senior centers, libraries, coffee shops and possibly even go to vistaprint.com and order free postcards and business cards and get them out as well.

Make sure you advertise the "chemical free" all natural cleaners

My husband and I own a carpet cleaning business and we have a 96% natural cleaner that we advertise and it gets a LOT of requests, we use is 90% of the time
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Pay your taxes and make sure you will still be okay when it's slow.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:50 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• How fun! Best of luck to you!
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 10:56 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Make sure that you have all the legalities taken care of before you have your first customer. When you are official in business, market, market, market. Lastly, don't get discouraged, the first two years are the hardest for a new business.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2010