Don't you hate when this happens?

Ok I was ready to do my housework I was getting the trash ready to throw out when my dh calls (I hate when he calls when I am busy) atleast I was planning of being very busy...ugh!
Anyway I pick up the phone he really has nothing to say just to see what's up well here I am like ok can we hang up now I've got sooo much to do (well I did not tell him that I just thought of it...lol) I'd hurt his feelings if I did that anyway once I knew we were'nt hanging up anytime soon I sit down and make my self comfortable ready to talk...as soon as I did that he says OH hey let me call you back its getting busy here...I am like OMG! ok I love you bye! I was so upset the way it happened now I don't feel like doing a damn thing...arg!
Does or has this happened or don't you hate it. I was all for it to clean now I just want to hang out w/U ladies ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It happens all the time and I get super angry. He will call and not talk or talk to someone else and I will stop what I am doing for him and then he has to go. I try to appreciate him calling....at least I know he is thinking of me I guess but then my motivation goes down the toilet!
    melissasue38

Answer by melissasue38 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Lol yeah my DH does that too! So annoying he thins I don't have anything to do all day, lol!
    CayShek

Answer by CayShek at 10:36 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I don't see a reason to be mad over that. You postpone the housework for a few minutes, big deal. If you had somewhere urgent to go, I can understand the need to hurry and get him off the phone, but to take out the trash? Really?
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:36 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• He wanted to call and talk to his wife. Couldn't you have said "Hun, I'm busy right now. Can you call later?" He clearly told you when he was busy and had to get off the phone. I think you could've done the same thing. It's not his fault he called you when you were busy. How was he supposed to know what you were up to when he's not there. You don't have a right to be mad at him. Only at yourself for not exiting out of the conversation and for sitting down and getting comfortable. Your motivation and what you do is your own fault, not his.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I don't get mad about it but if we have nothing to talk about I tell him I will talk to him when he gets home because I am not a phone talker to begin with and the only good place we get a signal is outside and it's getting a little cold for chit chat. We usually talk for a few minutes and then he calls me on his way home and we talk some more.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:46 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My hubby does this to me all the time. He has scheduled breaks at work and they are always a bad time for me. he calls to say hello a few times a night but he has nothing to say. He is just calling cause he is on break. I am just running in from work with dd. Only been home 5 mins..trying to get her doing homework and dinner started and then he calls. Whatcha doing? EVERYDAY!! Yes i know what you mean!! Part of it is that I feel obligated to answer but I dont want to because im busy. We dont see eachother on the days he works so the call is all we have but the times are awful for me!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:48 AM on Nov. 5, 2010