MY BOYFRIEND BROKE WITH ME BECAUSE OF THIS?

i'm 16 years old and i have one 15 months old baby girl and another baby coming and their dad was my ex boyfriend... I met a new boy the same age as me and he said he was in love with me. He told me that he wanted to raise my children and he even asked me to marry with him. one day i was with my boyfriend and instead of calling him by his name i called my ex name when we were having intim relationship.. since that day he didn't talk to me and after a while i tought we were ok. but everything stopped when he told me he is not ready for raising children and that he still only 16 and he is not ready and that he likes me only to be friend! why he didn't told me that early? instead of making me feel hope!
I'm so so sad and i already cry so much that my head is hurting me.
my heart hurt and my soul to... But i wouldn't ever ever beg him to stay with me cause i respect my self. Do you think he wasn't ready? or took advantage of me?

Sofiah

Asked by Sofiah at 10:23 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe both, but calling out your ex's name was probably an ego blow for him.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:24 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Sadly he took advantage of you. And I'm so so sorry this has happened to you.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i think that he wasn't ready. i am 26 now and i remember boys when i was in high school. most of them are not ready to take care of their own kids, especially not another mans child. it's hard enough when you become an adult to find a man to want to raise your children, it is almost impossible to find a teenage boy to do that. i don't think he took advantage of you, i think reality set in for him. sorry that you got hurt, and i wish i could say it would get easier when it comes to men, but it won't. you will find someone, but i wouldn't focus on finding someone now, being so young. like i said, most boys aren't ready to take care of their own children, let alone some one elses.
    sleepymamaof3

Answer by sleepymamaof3 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• First of all, no, he is not ready, and, neither are you. You now have to raise two children, they are yours. You can't expect some 16 year old boy to be man enough to raise two kids. Please for the love of God, do not have any more kids. You are to young to have to have any kids, let alone two. Just concentrate on raising the two you have, and your Diploma or ged. Then, go to a trade school and get a job so that you can provide for your kids and wn't have to rely on anyone elese.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 10:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I would pick myself up and try to make a life for myself and my 2 babies you don't need a man right now he will only bring you down.
    Think of your life with your kids right now you are still young and you have so much life ahead of you make the right decision if not for you atleast for your babies GL Your happiness will come with in time God Bless You!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• You called him by your ex's name. That's not cool.
    You need to be single for a while and raise your children. Enjoy being single and get your life in order. You don't need boyfriends right now. You're young with almost two kids, you really shouldn't be having boyfriends. School, your children, and a job should be your main priority right now.

Teenagers are immature, especially boys at that age. They're going to say what they feel, but that might not neccisarily be what they understand. Love is a funny thing sometimes, because it can disguise itself and not actually be real. That's why it's important that you shouldn't go from guy to guy (even if there's months in between), and you should be single for a while. Raise your kids and find love when it comes to you. Not when some high school boy commits his life to you before he's ready. Neither of you are ready for that commitment.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:38 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I think you need to replace the captain of your Brain Ship, because clearly, she's drunk at the wheel. Stop focusing on romance and sex and start focusing on how you're going to support two children at 16.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• You are WAY too young to have 2 children and even think about getting married. Good Lord. And there are mommas on here condoning this? I would have been shot had I given birth to one child at 16, let alone been pregnant with a second.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 10:39 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Of course he's not ready to raise children. He's 16! Focus on your children and please get on some birth control.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• You are 16 yrs old have once child already (and apparently at age 15 or so) and are pregnant with a second child!!! Get yourself on birth control and quit dating. Your priority should be your children as your sex life has already complicated your childhood.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2010