Have you noticed food prices going up?

It's starting now and will only get worse. You can look anywhere on the net and find stories about rising prices on everything. Food hits everyone. Will rising costs hit you in the pocketbook?

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Everything is going up in dollars, except for my salary.
    Andriya

Answer by Andriya at 10:45 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• hey anonymous - why dont you stop answering ANONYMOUSLY and show your face. do you realize how hard it is to find a job? we're all grateful that we HAVE jobs in this economy - the unemployment rate is ridiculous. i can't imagine trying to find another job at a HIGHER salary.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Anonymous - we SHOULD be getting raises. Our company unfortunately hasn't handed out raises in over 3 years!
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Yes. I have noticed that. Thankfully...My dh and I are still getting raises. It helps.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:00 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It's called inflation. This is nothing new. You should be getting a raise every year which will help with keep you afloat.

But wait, I thought there was NO inflation. Isn't that why there has been no COLA (cost of living adjustment) for seniors? And yeah, my husband hasn't gotten a raise in a few years, but he has a job when so many other printing companies are going under so we'll deal with it.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 11:19 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• OK, if you have a freezer you can stock up milk when it's cheaper on sale and freeze it until you need it. Also check places like gas stations and CVS. Some states have price controls on milk, and after the grocery stores add their overhead on, places like convenience stores are actually able to undercut them. Depends on how your state works wrt milk pricing.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It probably doesn't help that the farmers are getting corn subsidies to grow corn for ethanol, and not food
    ------------
    You VOTED for subsidies when you voted for Obama.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Yes! I always go to Walmart for a few things that are just cheaper there than at my regular grocery store and when I went the other day dishwasher soap, animal food, and butter were so much more expensive. I couldn't believe it. It will definitely effect how I shop in the future! More lists and less splurges for sure!
    melissasue38

Answer by melissasue38 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Yeah I noticed it when I went to Woodman's the other night. A lot of things have gone up there and it's a very cheap place to shop. For instance, a box of crystal light packs used to be $2.00 and now they jumped up to $3.29. A case of Luv's diapers used to be $13.99 and now they are $16.99. Their produce remains cheap but things that I normally buy have gone up. I guess we will cut back on certain things as we always do. However, I am finally going to start working again at the end of the month and that is going to help out a lot! It's only temporary because the base closes and moves to TX next year and we are moving with it. But a job is a job.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:33 AM on Nov. 5, 2010