Are you an Army -Wife, or you know any?.. How long do you stay away from your SO?

Relationships

Monica655

Asked by Monica655 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm a navy wife and he's been on several 7 month deployments not to mention the workups and training before the actual deployment. At his last duty station in Virgnia, we were there for three years, but he was gone at more than two with all the training and deployments.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:39 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My hubby is in the National Guard, and not on active duty orders right now. However, he is a pilot and when there is work he takes it, as he can't find a full time job. But for the last 5 months he has been gone about 3 weeks out of the month. When he deploys next year it will be a year to a year and a half apart.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My husband has been in the National Guard for 10 yrs now. We've been through one deployment and countless trainings, classes, etc. It never gets easier to say goodbye no matter how long the trip will be. It was my choice to make this my life style and I wouldn't change it for the world. I just keep going one day at a time.
    Bella3113

Answer by Bella3113 at 10:55 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My Hubby and I were both in the AR and it showed! Every year when it got closer to AT time (2wks each) we would be getting on each others' nerves and were ready to spend time apart. When he got deployed, it was easy at first but after a few weeks it got hard because I realized he wasn't just off on AT and would be gone for what seemed like forever! He was gone for a year and a half. About three years after he got home, I was cross leveled for deployment and spent almost 3 weeks out of every month out of state for training for about 6 months.
    I come from an active Army family and my Dad spent a total of 12 out of his 28 year marriage everywhere else but at home.
    One of my brothers was active AF and spent 10 years on a 9 & 6 rotation. (9mo home, 6mo deployed)
    FlamingIguana

Answer by FlamingIguana at 12:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I have a big admiration for all of you Ladies!!! THUMBS UP for your unconditional love & patience!!

Monica655

Comment by Monica655 (original poster) at 12:36 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I am an Air Force wife. Thankfully my husband is currently in a job where he does not deploy frequently. He has been on a 5 month deployment to Afghanistan, and he has been on countless training classes where he will be gone from 1-3 weeks at a time usually. Sometimes a little longer. Just this past spring he had 2 tdy's back to back and was gone all of May and half of April. He's leaving in a few days to go to a class in Tennessee, and he MIGHT be back Thanksgiving night...if not then the next day. With him being gone so frequently for the training classes and such, it just becomes normal life for it to just be me and the kids. When he's here, great, when he's gone, we deal with it and go on with our lives.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2010