cheater

acquaintance I barely know tells me she is having an ongoing affair..since then our kids have become friends, her dh is a good,hard working man...yet she continues to have affair
they are trying to "work it out" but I don't think she has chaged her ways..now I don't like how she acts like she knows my husband and then flirts with him...as well as any other man in nearby vicinity. I don't trust her and don't really want to be around her but our kids are BFF, I hope she gets caught but dh is so nice and puts his kids 1st he probably still wouldn't throw her out..This situation is really bothering me, I don't see how she could do this without any concious...it is scarey to think we have girls out there that are acting like this...Advcie

koolchick325

Asked by koolchick325 at 10:38 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• If you feel close enough to the husband to call him a friend, maybe you should say something without calling out the wife.
    Andriya

Answer by Andriya at 10:42 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Let the woman self destruct on her own... be kind and courteous and if she comes near your husband and flirts or acts like a fool, pull her to the side and tell her she is crossing a line that may go over with everyone else but will not be tolerated by you. Be understanding and kind to her husband, her children and her. She will see the error of her ways when what goes around comes around.
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 10:47 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• If you tell him & you are the only person she told then it might ruin it for your kids ): if she has a big mouth & has told many others then maybe you could create a fake email...I did this once to tell my BIL my SIL was cheating on him. She had told me (& two others) she was meeting this guy at a hotel. I emailed her DH using the address "thoughtyoushouldknow2@aol.com" & told him that she was cheating & where she would be. This was risky since they were family. May not be as risky since you aren't related to her.
    But..still its extreme. I would wait for it to blow up in her face! it most likely will happen. I do feel sorry for the kids & DH though!
    CayShek

Answer by CayShek at 10:58 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It is so dangerous to get involved in these situations. While you feel compelled to do something, I think it is best to let the cards fall as they may. I agree that you should let her know in no uncertain terms that her flirting with your hubby is not appreciated. But to tell her hubby will most likely just cause problems for the children and your families. It is just one of those situations where the messenger will most likely be the one to "ruin" the relationship/friendship. You can confide in your DH and get his advise. He will probably know the situation better anyway. But for now my advise is to either talk to her and tell her how you feel.. or leave it be until she messes things up for herself. Good luck and sorry you are in such an icky situation.

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 11:14 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Her day will come just let her walk into it and let her be a loser on her own.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 3:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• this is what i would do, pull her to the side and let her know that seeing is how their kids are friends, and she knows she is having an affair, explain to her that if she tries anything with your husband that you will go to her husband and let him know of her indiscreetions. she won't be your friend anymore but who cares. who needs that kind of person in their lives. that's a lot of drama no one needs or wants.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2010