If you believe you're married to your soul-mate

How did you know he was *the one*? Can you describe what your relationship is like and what it was like it the early stages?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• In our relationship we rarely fight because we are so much alike! I've tried dating the "total opposite" & it was horrible! We have so much in common, think alike, fight alike, etc. Its great because I know what to expect from him. But, we still like to surprise each other with gifts, sticky notes on his steering wheel, etc! We've been together for 5 years & we are still like this. We do fight but when we do, its fair! We also had a very similar childhood & the helps us to understand our background on why we are the way we are & think the way we think!
    CayShek

Answer by CayShek at 10:48 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Well, I know this is totally corn-ball stuff, but it was love at first site. I was a police dispatcher and he is an officer. The night he walked into the station and I met him for the first time, I called my roomie and told her I was going to marry him. 2 years later, we got hitched!
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 10:53 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I' AM ... and i thank God everytime i could for this
    when i met him 10 years ago i just felt that i know him somehow somewhere , but i never meet him before .. i just swa his sparkless eyes .. shinning .. that was my first time i saw him
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 10:54 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I am married to my soul mate too. I knew there was something extraordinary about him when we first met. But with my age and experience, I knew better than to rely on that (when you have strong chemistry, it can always feel like the real thing in the beginning and you need to give it time to find out for sure). While there was a strong attraction, we also had a lot in common as far as our deepest values. Our spiritual, intellectual and political values are all aligned. We've been together for almost 4 years and I feel that I love him a little bit more every day. We not only love each other very much, but we LIKE each other a lot too. I knew that I could not go on without having him in my life.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I've been married 22 years (together 25).  My husband fulfils me on every level.  His strengths are my weaknesses and my strengths are his weaknesses.  We've always functioned as a team, each us of instinctively knowing when to step up and take the lead in a situation based on our strengths and weaknesses.  We've always been able to easily communicate with each other, and we still have a lot of fun together and we still make each other laugh.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:36 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I know DH is my soul-mate because we have the same beliefs in EVERYTHING. We rarely fight and when we do it is more of a debate and it always ends with each of us seeing both sides of the issue and making a doable resolution. We decided from the first moments of meeting that there are only a few things that we will never do in our relationship and we stick by them.

1. NO SECRETS EVER!

2. Never sleep separately.

3. Never criticize or degrade the other even when in a heated debate.

4. Never go to bed without a kiss and saying I Love You!

5. Never avoid talking about your issues with one another, always communicate your feelings and needs.

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 3:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I don't even know. I fell in love with him the moment I first saw him in 6th grade and instantly knew that he would always be the one that would matter more than anyone else. And all through high school, with my different boyfriends, he was the one I always thought of. We've both just always known and felt that way. We were best friends because we always wanted to be together...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2010