Quitting Smoking

I need help quitting. Any advice or tips? What works?

Mom2Girls83

Asked by Mom2Girls83 at 10:45 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Health

• I need chantix again, it helped me quit for months but then I was so stressed, with my teen, my familys and my neighbors. I started again, I know chantix would work but I can't afford it right now.

:(
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:48 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I wonder if insurance will cover chantix?
    Mom2Girls83

Comment by Mom2Girls83 (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Some insurances cover chantix, others do not. But if there is any history of anxiety or depression, they won't prescribe it because it increases the depression/anxiety and some people have suicidal thoughts (my MIL who had no history of depression or any mental health issues got the script and stopped after a week because she suddenly got depressed and had really horrible thoughts of death). I'm quitting cold turkey starting tomorrow... lots of discounted candy from walmart and my treadmill to keep the cravings at bay (I quit cold turkey for 4 months last time using the same method, but my hubby still smoked so that made it harder to stay quit).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• insurance covers wellbutrin which is the same exact drug but listed as an antidepressent (doesnt work for that) i did that once, did make quitting very easy. then i went back. my problem is Staying quit.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:11 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I think the hardest part is making it through the cravings get through those, and your home free!

YeahHer

Answer by YeahHer at 11:30 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• ive heard chew gum, hold somethign in your hands to keep them content. listn to music..do something to occupy your time while having that craving.
    HaRlEiGhSmOmMa

Answer by HaRlEiGhSmOmMa at 3:20 AM on Nov. 8, 2010