Free Super Saver Shipping on Amazon, is it discontinued?

I just bought some gifts on Amazon last month and got free shipping since my order was over $25. Now all I see is 'ships free with Amazon Prime' (which at $79 a year is far from free). Does anyone know if they discontinued the service?

Octobersmom

Asked by Octobersmom at 10:57 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• I just ordered from them yesterday and got free shipping. I did not have to click on the "eligible for free shipping with amazon prime" since my purchase(s) included free shipping.
    Anonymous

• I think it depends on the items that you order. If you order directly from Amazon usually any order over X amount is free. But if it's a 3rd party selling on Amazon, then you have to pay regular shipping. The Amazon Prime is nice - they started it out with a free trial, and at the end of one year it would charge you that $79 IF you didn't cancel the trial membership in time.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 11:18 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I just ordered some things from amazon. I got free shipping but i had to click amazon prime. I never did read the fine print, well because I never do. I suppose I need to go to amazon and see what the hell is going on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Only certain items get the free shipping. I've ordered a lot from them and sometimes I get free shipping and sometimes I don't. But maybe it has changed, I haven't ordered since last christmas.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:30 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I just bought a new TV from them and got free shipping. Like someone else said, you have to make sure what you are buying is eligible for free shipping. Not everything is.
    jackiesmom72

Answer by jackiesmom72 at 1:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Oh I know it has to be eligible but for instance I have an item in my cart that said 'eligible for free super saving shipping on orders over $25' but now it says 'eligible for free shipping with amazon prime'. I find nothing on the site now that lists that it is eligible for free super saver shipping, only prime.
    Octobersmom

Comment by Octobersmom (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I think the Super Saver Shipping is not only with a minimum purchase but also depends on the who you are purchasing the item(s) from on Amazon. Also, I just went to Amazon.com and they are offering Amazon Prime free for a month.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 12:45 AM on Nov. 7, 2010