Why do people argue about abortion on the internet? Do they think they will change someone's mind to their thinking?

No one's ever going to agree and everyone just gets all fired up and nasty with eachother for not agreeing with them. So why bother? Did it accomplish anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You're exactly right, both people leave the disagreement still right in their minds, so no nothing gets accomplished. Just like nothing will get accomplished from this question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Does anything really get accomplished by 90% of the questions on CafeMom? I mean really. What's your point?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I'm sure every post and question you type has so much meaning and use, right anon?
    Anonymous

• Because it causes drama. People thrive on drama it seems. Some people think that if you don't feel the same way they do about a topic, then you are automatically wrong. That is why I stay out of those kind of posts.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Many questions are legitimate, and the people who answer are trying to help. I've gotten a lot of good information from answers. But many people do question and answer anonymously just trying to stir up drama. I guess they don't have a life, or like the life of a troll.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:14 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I'm not trying to Luci. I really want to know, because I don't answer the threads on the subject and people are calling eachother names, putting eachother down and getting totally off the subject. I posted anon because I don't need a cajillion messages in my message box about why I should be one or the other.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Sometimes, it does change minds and does provide new info. And bring to light a different angle on things. The more we do talk and debate about every topic, the more informed some people will be and the more inclined some will be to research and take a stance on the topic and spread more info about it making it more commonplace to discuss it. If we all just shut up about everything...where would be be. Women would still live like June Cleaver, blacks would still have no rights, no one would get to do anything if there weren't activists out there spreading the word.

I never post ANONYMOUSLY and I have only had 2 people ever inbox me. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I highly doubt someone is going to be inclinded to do research after being called a moron and ignorant.

BTW my being anon has NOTHING to do with the question at hand. So can we please stick to the subject and not my status. Thanks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I never said that the name calling would cause the person called that to research. I said the questions and talking it out and debating would. Try reading my answer again.

The ANON thing was a side note. I even tried to "LOL" to mark it as such since tone is not readily detected on the internet. And I believe I fully answered the question before the afterthought was added. So, get out of your little funk.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:35 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• shake handLike I said before. Stick to the question. You made your point, so move on! Thanks for stopping by! We'll call ya!

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Nov. 5, 2010