How do you show your man that you appreciate everything he does for you?

I'm a SAHM to my daughter from a previous relationship and almost 6months pregnant with my fiances baby.
He doesn't think I appreciate everything he does for us, but I do.
Other than saying it, how do you ladies show your man that you appreciate him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• I give him head.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I'm available to him in whatever way he needs me. And I OFTEN simply tell him how much I appreciate how hard he works and give him specifics on the things that he does that makes me appreciate him. When he is in his busy season at work and comes home exhausted, I have a snack waiting for him when he comes in the door. I don't complain about any issues and ask him how his day was. I have dinner cooking or ready and make sure there is nothing to irritate him or add to his stress. I just try to make his transition to the evening at home as smooth and comfortable as possible. Nice thing is, he does the same for me when I am stressed out over anything.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:25 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Leave him little love letters in unexpected places.... and just wait for him to find it.
    Cook him his favorite meal
    Back Rubs
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 11:25 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I married him and am spending the rest of my life with him, pushed out three of his kids and I bring home the bacon.That should be plenty.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I take care of EVERYTHING except bring home a paycheck. He appreciates me as much as I appreciate him. He couldn't live without me any more thay I could him. Maybe your DH needs to see that!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:30 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Give him your time.

Put your daughter to bed, don't talk about your pregnancy, and give him your total attention. Give him a quick hug and kiss when you're busy and tell him you love him. Hold his hand. Say "thank you" for the small things. Praise him. Ask his opinion before you spend X amount of money on the kids or yourself. Involve him and value his opinion in home matters. Let him make decisions, even if they go against what you think would be better. Be the bigger person in an arguement and let him "win." Apologize.

Men appreciate the little things, just as women do.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:30 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Ask him what you can do to show your love. Each of us understand love in different ways. My husband is very physical, and he also responds very well to verbal praise. As for me, I would rather sit and watch a movie together, snuggling, or take a walk and have a real conversation. Ask your fiance what makes him feel loved, then do it, even if it doesn't come easily for you. That's part of making a relationship work - learning to "speak" your partners "love language".
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 11:38 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Im pretty much the same as kathyartist, I treat him with love and respect, dont nag, take care of the house, have dinner ready and waiting for him when he comes in the door. I dont complain to him. I often tell him how much I adore him and love all that he does for our family. He works a lot so I make sure that he doenst have to do anything around the house (he does any repair work, or maintnance work, or outside work, but thats it) I let him have a half an hour to himself when he gets home to relax. I give him back rubs, foot rubs, etc. I just take care of him, and he knows through my actions how much I apreciate what he does for us, and he makes it clear how much he apreciates what I do for him in return.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 11:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i give him extra sex and tell him it's cause he's so great to me and us. a sexed up guy is a happy guy.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:28 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• What I have learned over the year is this.

First you must know/learn how you Fiance' views things like appreciation, respetc, love, admiration..ect.. Learn how he not only views those things, but also how he expresses them and how he interprets them.. Once you learn this, you can express your appreciation to him in a manner in which he will "get it".. He will see and fully understand the intention behind your actions.

If you do not do things that he views/interprets as these things, he most likely will not "get it", and he will feel you do not appreciate him (like he does now) which can develop into resentments and you will develop resentments because you feel like you do show him and he just doesn't get it.

Want him to feel/see your love and appreciation for him. You must express those things in a manner in which he understands and also views as expressing those things.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2010