Losing weight after baby...

I had my first baby January of this year, and my second is due in 5 more weeks. So I'll have 2 under the age of 1 (crazy i know LOL). Anyway, since I didn't have a chance to get back into shape after my first was born, I'm dying to start exercising after this one is born. So i need some tips cuz I've been outta the gym loop for a little over a year already. I bought the belly bandit to wear after labor cuz I heard those were really good.

SweetPieMama24

Asked by SweetPieMama24 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• It depends if you're going to breast or bottle feed. Breastfeeding requires you to take in more calories, so the weight loss will be a bit slower. I bottle-fed my DD... I lost the weight and got back into my clothes in 2 weeks, but I wasn't very healthy about it; I drank coffee and Red Bull all day and didn't eat until dinner time.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 11:23 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I am planning on breastfeeding like I did my son. I do hear though that it's a lot harder to BF the second time around, especially when u have a little one who's chock full of energy LOL! When I BF my first, I lost the weight with the snap of a finger. and like you, I didn't eat much and survived off of coffee and 4 minutes of sleep within 2 days LOL
    SweetPieMama24

Comment by SweetPieMama24 (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I have 3 kids under 3. I have a 2yr old, 1yr old, and a 2 month old. I ebf my 2 month old and in the first 2 weeks I lost 30lbs! And I love my sweets! I think your kids will have a great part in keeping you busy so you may not even need to worry about working out. GL (and if days get hard just PM me because I know what its like :)
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:31 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It just takes time......it took me over a year to get back to my pre-preggers size & even then my clothes didn't fit like they did pre-preggers
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Take it easy and allow your body to heal after this second baby before jumping into a full regiment of exercising. You don't want to strain any stressed muscles right away.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 11:58 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Your body wont be the same, lol. Just keep working at watching how much you eat and drink lots of water, Walking works tooo
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:49 AM on Jan. 10, 2011